ICD-10-CM is far more complex and precise than the old ICD-9 codes. Assigning the precise ICD-10-CM code is vital to ensuring you receive appropriate revenue for services provided.
Having knowledgeable personnel capable of assigning accurate, compliant codes in a timely manner is important to avoid delays in the revenue cycle.
Our staff is Educated
Our staff is educated with the most current coding regulations and guidelines. They keep up to date with the latest updates & changes. We maintain ongoing reviews with a strong commitment to continuing education and certifications.
Some important details to remember about ICD-10-CM coding:
- All codes begin with a letter of the alphabet. All letters are used with the exception of U
- The codes can be three to six characters long. Some codes will require a seventh character to provide additional information about the condition. The seventh character may be either alphabetic or numeric.
- Initial characters will always start with letters not numbers.
- Make sure that all characters are assigned as required.
- Insert .1 or more placeholder(s) before the the character if the base code has fewer than 6 characters
We are Customizable for Your Specific Needs!
One size does not fill all. We are customizable for your specific needs. By partnering with PMSI you can be guaranteed to improve coding accuracy while reducing compliant risk and overall expenditures of coding staff.
- Inpatient Services
- Outpatient Services
- Emergency Department
- Radiation Oncology Departments
- Medical Oncology & Hematology Infusion Center
- Evaluation & Management
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Practice
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Oncology & Hematology
- Mental Health